Monday, March 06, 2006

Poor form

I know I have links to articles all the time on my blog, but you should really read this one - it's too long for me to cut and paste into my blog or I'd have done that because I know you (Matt Flores) don't visit the links.

This newsletter talks about a email chain between a law school graduate and a lawyer about her declining a job offer she's already accepted. The exchanges are rude, inappropriate, and in bad taste - amazing that both people have advanced degrees but go on at each other like this via email. The lawyer ended up forwarding it and net-net, it ended up in the Boston Globe.

While the message is that rudeness is as unacceptable in email as it is in person, the reason I like this is reading the actual emails sent between the two people - unbelievable. I hope I never end up emailing like that and having it published in a major newspaper.

2 Comments:

At March 07, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow - y'all follow directions. This link today so far has 9 clicks, normally an article only has 3-4 daily depending on the subject.

Let me know if the click-through was worth it...

 
At March 07, 2006 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for putting this on your blog. hilarious and thoroughly entertaining. i forwarded the link onto everyone...i wonder how that will look on my permanent email record...

-natty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home