Monday, April 10, 2006

Better than SeatGuru?

There's a new kid on the block - and his name is SeatScorecard.com. I've been using SeatGuru.com for probably the last 4 years and haven't had any major problems with it - my biggest complaint is when it's a lot of work to dig through the airline website to figure out what plane your next flight will be using. According to the Travel Blog at SmarterTravel.com:

The "Airplane Seat Comfort Scorecard" at SeatScorecard seems determined to give Seat Guru a run for its money as the top seat-selection resource. The site claims to be the product of more than "4,200 hours of analysis and research" and more than 20 independent research firms. It covers 10,000 seat reviews on 300 different airplane types on 70 airlines, including JetBlue, United, Southwest, and British Airways. According to a site representative, seatscorecard.com is "updated continually."

I'm going to try using both for the next few flights I take and see if I develop a preference.

In other travel news, AirportGroundDirectory.com is a slightly-too-simple website that will tell you, for a given city, what you need to do to take public transportation from the airport. I checked cities where I'm familiar with the bus/train and it looks accurate enough, I just wish the website was a little fancier and gave the price of a cab or shuttle so you could compare right there as you're looking at the time/money of the public transport option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home