Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy birthday to me!

Thank you Planet Dan for turning me on to Statemaster.com - seriously, I could spend H-O-U-R-S browsing this. In addition to many many categories, they also have per capita rankings and pie charts which adds even more fun!

This factoid sheet highlights some of the fun that can be found on Statemaster - it's nice that MN has minimal embarassing stats, and both MA and MN do quite well in most things. My favs:

Best States to Live (and the correlations page!)

Iraqi War Casualities per capita

% of People w/ an Advanced Degree (SoDak is lower than Mississippi?????)

% of Homes older than 1939 (and part of why I like DC and Boston)

% of Housing Units w/ >1 people/room

4 Comments:

At April 20, 2006 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me. i would just like to say that the "best states to live" website is TOTALLY inaccurate. NO WAY new hampshire can be the #1 best place to live. it should be #50. schwenger lives there. therefore, it sucks.

 
At April 20, 2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that comment was from me. and after further investigation, i would like to add that this survey is grossly biased towards new england.
-natty

 
At April 27, 2006 5:27 PM, Blogger AMF said...

That website is fabulous. Too bad I don't have an office job to spend hours browsing it!

 
At April 27, 2006 6:21 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Natalie - you're just pissed that big O little hi little o came in as mediocre as it did :) :) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home