Sunday, April 30, 2006

Potpourri

I should be blogging about the red letter weekend that we had with Amy in town but instead, it's a mix of random findings I think you need to know about...
  • I am OBSESSED with Rocket Boom - seriously, I can not believe I haven't heard of this earlier!!! This chick is so crazy (think John Troyer) but it's so fun to watch. If you're cool and you have a video iPod, you can subscribe and watch 'em on your fancy iPod.
  • Blue Max Liquors in Burnsville sounds freaking awesome - they have a huge beer selection and you get to pick your own six pack. Um, does it get better than that? Well, if it were in Uptown that would be better but that's about it...
  • You must go to look at the Webby Awards - voting goes on through the end of the week. I think it's fun to vote, but even more fun to visit the nominated sites and add them to my RSS feed.
  • You'll have to login to read this NYT article, but it's about BEER SPAS. Check it.
  • A brain teaser was proposed to a guy interviewing for a job at Google. The desc of his interview is a great read, but the birthday problem explaination is equally good.
  • I learned I don't know who George Plimpton is - I dare say I've never heard of him? However, someone has a site about him. Is this someone I should know? Another Eddie Vedder?
  • A revised/updated list of the Seven Wonders of the World is being published. What do you think?
  • Here's a nice list of what museums are free on which days in NYC. Helpful.

2 Comments:

At May 03, 2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue Max Liquors and Brandon York, the two Prides of the South Metro

 
At May 05, 2006 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find your blurb on the 7 wonders of the world HILARIOUS. i actually had a drunken debate with two of my friends a few weeks ago on this very topic. i was convinced that the natural bridge in VA is one of the 7 wonders of the world because i have a cup that i bought in the souvenier store there that says so. but my friends did not believe me, so we googled it. as it turns out, there are multiple compilations: 7 wonders of the ancient world, 7 wonders of the natural world, and apparently, now, 7 new wonders of the world. you might be interested to know that the natural bridge in VA is, in fact, not on ANY of these lists, although they claim to be one of the 7 natural wonders of the world as evidenced on their website: http://www.naturalbridgeva.com/bridge.html however, according to this website, they are NOT on this list: http://www.kaibab.org/gc/misc/gc_7wond.htm

they are actually, not on any list.

as a side note, the natural bridge is actually a very cool sightseeing thing. i have been there twice.

-natty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home