Monday, May 01, 2006

Why you need renter's insurance

I'm sitting down to work at Dunn Bros right now, and realized I have electronics worth mucho money. Currently in my posession are the following (amt listed is replacement value I think):

Laptop $1500
Memory stick $100
Travel mouse $40
Bluetooth adapter $40
iPod $250
iTrip $40
Canon digital camera $300
Camera case $30
Nokia 7610 $500
TOTAL: $2800

That seems like a lot of high value items to have on me all at once, but in all honesty, I carry almost all of these items with me 24/7. It's weird, similarly weird to the dollar value if you ever add up to total value of everything you're wearing and find it's higher than you'd expect.

4 Comments:

At May 02, 2006 2:58 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Please tell me you have renter's insurance. Did you learn nothing from my and Kerry's halogen lamp experience?

 
At May 02, 2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Of course I have renter's insurance. In fact, I'm obsessed with renter's insurance.

My point was that people say "I don't own that much stuff" but clearly, you do...

 
At May 04, 2006 2:19 PM, Blogger AMF said...

But did you know renter's insurance does cover flood? You need a separate policy for that.

 
At May 04, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger AMF said...

I meant does not cover flood. oops.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home