Friday, July 14, 2006

"Important" Issue - Your Opinion Needed

My mom has the opportunity to tour the Michelin Tire Plant in Des Moines next week. She's skipping it b/c she "can't think of anything less interesting".

I would LOVE to tour a tire plan; Alicia concurred. Our thinking is that we have NO idea how tires are made and it'd be cool to check it out.

To my mom's point, I LOVE brewery tours because the process is interesting AND the end product is yummy, but just because I can't drink a tire doesn't mean it's not a fun tour.

4 Comments:

At July 14, 2006 11:20 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

I enjoy the funny Michelin man poster - probably because he's pretty close to being a mascot

 
At July 14, 2006 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds noisy and smelly
I'm with you Anita
although if they handed out free samples (we need new tires for one of our cars) I might reconsider
Jeanne

 
At July 14, 2006 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanne - I've already toured AG Chem and seen them spray painting Terrigators - tires are not even that interesting. Plus I learned all about rubber growing & harvesting in Thailand, up to the point where it heads to the factory.

 
At July 19, 2006 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UPDATE: I ended up going with Dennis because they promised cold beer (heat index 107) and a fancy catered BBQ - all true, but first we watched tractors "race" up a field proving that the michelin tires were less slippy than the "competitor" and thus Dad could be in the house 10% earlier for supper... Considering the heat I am amazed nobody was carted off for heatstroke.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home