Sunday, October 22, 2006

Survey says...

We asked 100 people how well you need to know someone to invite yourself to sleep at their house...

If this were a Family Feud question, what would it show? I was just thinking I should plan a vacation to visit Rachel in Nashville. Then I remembered, I really don't know Rachel very well. Not in a "she might not be who she seems" way, but in a "it might be rude to intrude on her life because I barely know her" way.

Would you think it was weird if someone you really didn't know super well approached you about visiting you and wanted to stay with you? I'm a little dumb about the etiquette of this - I don't have to know you very well for me to warmly open my home to you and invite you to stay w/ me and tour guide you (think: Boston). I am very liberal in my visitor policy, probably more than almost anybody.

Throwing a survey up on my blog seemed like the best solution to this problem. How well should you know someone before you ask to stay at their house for a few days on vaca? I know Michael very well, but he doesn't allow visitors to stay w/ him. I had met Rachelle once, and she slept over at my house and didn't think it was weird. Where do you stand on this "important" issue?

2 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 9:14 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Even though I'm selfish and particular about my living space, I believe I'm also overly generous about visitors. My answer to the "would you let this person stay with you?" question is almost always yes...so I'm also a bad judge.

 
At October 25, 2006 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way COME SEE ME!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home