Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Dear American Airlines,

I just got off the phone with Tammy Smith out of the Dallas office and have to say that it was one of the best customer service experiences of my life. I am planning to redeem miles for a RT flight within Europe on a oneworld partner thus I'm unable to search online for availability. She was gracious enough to search no less than a dozen destinations for me, and wasn't annoyed when I asked her what continent certain countries were in or gave her a country and asked for flight availability without providing a city or airport code.

I really felt that the service that Tammy gave me today is a shining example of why I have switched my loyalty from NWA to AA in the last year and avoid all other airlines. I honestly can't name a single bad customer service experience I've had with American Airlines employees, but have to say that the help Tammy gave me this morning should be used as a textbook example of how to do it.

Tammy realized that with each search I wanted to know the availability, layover rules, and miles necessary and rather than make me ask each time I had her conduct a search for a different city, she automatically gave me the rundown without making me ask the same questions over and over. The funny thing is when I'm writing this it sounds very simple, but it made my day. It's a long process to do this type of research because of the lack of internet tools available but I appreciate that Tammy made it as painless as possible.

Give her a raise.

Thanks, Laura

NOTE: Usually when I write "Dear xyz" letters on my blog I'm just venting about things. This is a real letter I just submitted online to American because this woman seriously was awesome. So f-ing helpful it blew my mind. I love good customer experiences and love writing praise letters in addition to complaint letters so it was fun to have one to write today. Yeah, American!

2 Comments:

At December 13, 2006 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are having erotic thoughts about what Tammy might look like. I would bet my life that you also solicited a picture of Tammy from AA.

 
At December 13, 2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Nate - my mom reads my blog. Tone it down, will ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home