Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What's the catch?

I just got an email from United - not an airline I fly a WHOLE lot but I've got probably 35K miles w/ them so I like to stay in the loop on their news. Check out their current offer - sounds too good to be true to me?

Now thru June 1, 2007, you can redeem 1,000 miles for an e-Certificate in the amount of $25 or 5,000 miles for an e-Certificate in the amount of $75. These are good toward a discount on your next qualifying roundtrip purchased on united.com for travel on United, United Express® or TedSM within the 48 contiguous United States.

Based on frequent flyer common knowledge, miles are worth about $0.01 thus 1,000 miles is worth appx. $10 and 5,000 miles equals $50 -- so actually the 1,000 mile cash in is the better deal but since you can only use 1 certificate/ticket I'll probably do the 5,000 cash in since I'd rather take 1 flight with them than multiple.

I read the fine print and this looks legit - 6mo expiration on the certificate but that's not so bad. So check it out!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2006 12:19 AM, Blogger Brad said...

i recently noticed that NWA was the only airline on e-rewards.com to offer more than just bonus frequent flyer miles when redeeming your points for completing surveys.

it's not tough to rack up $50 in e-rewards "currency," and i'd much rather have a $50 e-cert than 1,000 miles...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home