Monday, January 29, 2007

I know I'm being judgy













New Addition vs. New Edition

I rolled my eyes and sighed with judgement when I read some random's comment on MySpace. The random had just had a baby, and one of their friends commented:

"Congratulations on your new edition!"

Unless she was making a play on words related to Bobby Brown's group, which I doubted after looking at her page, she's just plain old dumb. Addition. Addition. Addition.

I still remember going over they're/their/there and sit/set and addition/edition and all the others in school - and they all seemed easy. Apparently not.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2007 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grammatical errors drive me CRAZY
like the memo from received lately thanking me for my patients (sic) in receiving xx UGH
the other one that drive me nuts as well is it's vs its

 
At January 31, 2007 6:38 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

another one that drive me crazy:

than/then

and my all-time biggest pet peeve is the mis-use of the apostrophie...

A sign I saw posted once on a telephone pole:

"Puppy's For Sale, call 555-1212"

I really wanted to call the number and ask what the puppies had for sale...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home