Sunday, February 18, 2007

WOW! Craigslist works

Aside from selling furniture, I've never posted on Craigslist. Until tonight.

I got a pair of tix to Tuesday night's Wild vs Stars hockey game and decided to try something I saw on Boston's Craigslist a few years ago. This is what I posted:

Minnesota Wild vs. Dallas Stars

I am a single 27 year old female, living in Uptown. Through work, I got two tickets to Tuesday's Wild game. Rather than going to the game with a friend, I thought it would be fun to use this as a tool to meet someone - random but could be fun. Just drop me an email telling me about yourself, where you live, and your picture - I'll decide who is going to the game by Monday.

I must admit I'm more of a Gopher fan than a Wild fan and this will actually be my first NHL game ever so I thought a fun date to the game might make it memorable.

So far, I've gotten over 30 responses -- and I posted it just a few hours ago. I feel very popular even though I know people just want me for my free hockey tickets. I'd say 1/2 of the responses are from people that seem normal and nice (I have a few oddballs, certainly [read: 40 year old limo driver offering to drive us to the game in his limo]) and one person I know in real life that responded not knowing I'm me, hehe.

I'm now starting to reply to the normal cute boys to determine who I'm picking as my date for the game. I have high hopes it's somebody that doesn't suck - and that I can roll the people I don't pick but that seem nice into dates outside of my ticket promotion.

UPDATE: I have 50 responses, and have it narrowed down to my top 4. It's tough to pick.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2007 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us help you pick - please, please, please!

Kristen

 
At February 20, 2007 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so very very popular!!
Jeanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home